Welcome to the Practical Scrappers monthly hop. This month our theme is Fall/Halloween, using up materials found in our stash. If you've arrived here from MONICA'S BLOG, you're on the right path!
My stash is about 99% CTMH. I have a few inks, and a snip of paper here and there that's not, but in general, most of my projects are made with CTMH products. Last month I was super excited to win an Instagram giveaway from Simple Stories and Big Picture Classes, and they sent me a huge kaboodle of Frankie and Friends goodies. Since I was elbows deep into Scardey Cat, Frankie and his friends sat neglected and lonely, just waiting for a chance to come out and play. I also had this pumpkin frame that I had painted in like August. I painted it, applied copious amounts of glitter....and then it sat. And sat. And collected dust. And sat some more. One day I moved my pile of Frankie stuff and laid it on top of my Pumpkin frame and suddenly I figured out what needed to happen.
The frame was originally painted with orange acrylic paint and coated with orange glitter. The stem is multiple coats of brown sparkly nail polish. I pulled some old Chipboard letters from the closet, and coated them with some glow-in-the-dark fabric paint left over from making bat gadgets for my 4 year old's Halloween costume. They glow green in the dark!
These chipboard pieces in this line are too adorable! I added some sparkly glitter and glow in the dark accents, plus wiggly eyes of course.
At the bottom my collage was looking a little thin, so I cut some very skinny (slightly larger than 1/8") strips of Scaredy Cat Paper and curled it using my paper quilling tool to create some color burst filler for the cluster. You can see the glow in the dark paint on the windows, plus a generous sprinkling of black acrylic star embellies. I don't think I caught a close up, but I had a few gold sequins sitting in my scrap bin, so I added those and topped them with more wiggly eyes.
Attaching the chipboard to this chicken wire frame took a bit of finagling. I finally settled on putting tiny dots of liquid glass on the twisted parts of the frame and propping the chipboard in place until it dried. Once everything was tacked on and dried in place, I flipped the whole frame over and went to town drizzling on Liquid Glass with abandon and now it's a pretty sturdy little piece! And yes...since I decided I needed a pic of the back I added a bead of gold glitter paint along the rope binding where I didn't bother to paint the orange color.
Next up on the hop is WENDI'S BLOG. A list of all the scrappers participating this month can be found over at Practical Scrappers. Happy Halloween, Stampin' Friends!