Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stella Thank You!

I love a new catalog - it makes getting to work in the stamp room so motivating! This weekend I finished the rest of the mustache valentines and a bunch of cards to go out for my team for their hard work in January! I used the Card Patterns Sketch 152 as my jumping off point. I loved the idea of the big off center focal point, so I cut some frames using my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge - love that there's so many awesome images on that thing. It was hard to choose just one!

I stamped a flower spray image from one of our consultant only stamp sets, and paper pieces the flower heads by rolling the image in Sunset adn Tulip inks, then cutting out the circular flowers and gluing them back onto the stems with Liquid Glass. I topped them off with medium sized sparkles.

I also dip dyed some of the new Seam Binding ribbon for this project - messy, but so much fun! I rolled the ribbon into a small circle using my piercing tool. Then I dipped one side into Sunset Reinker, clipped it with a binder clip, then dipped the other side in Tulip reinker and let the colors meld towards the center to create an ombre effect. Once the whole ribbon was inked, I took off the clips and laid it out on some scrap paper to dry overnight. Fabulously varigated ribbon in custom colors - I'm going to be doing this again for sure!

Then I whipped out one of the coordinating stamp sets that come in the Cricut bundle. I cut 2 3/4" scalloped circles at just the right size to stamp the whole image, plus regular circles at 2 1/2 and 1 inch to create a paper pieced 3-D Image. Each layer was lightly sponged on the edges with Cocoa ink as well.

I added an extra little bitty flower from that Consultant only stamp set that is also rolled in Tulip/Sunset inks to fill in my sentiment cluster. I filled the flower center with another sparkle and some pierced detail. Then I created a faux ribbon tail for my scalloped sentiment by cutting some banner on my Art Philosophy Cartridge and painting them with reinker using a cheap foam brush. I tried to create a fabric look to the faux ribbon tails by swiping on the color them coming back with the tip of the brush to bring in extra color stripes. Finally, Bling Assortment button tied on with some waxy flax finished off my card. Now it's off to the PO they go, to bring a smile to my fabulous team!

5 comments:

meredemaison said...

Really lovely! I love all your "ombre" effects with the flowers and ribbon and "faux ribbon". Love the green you used. It works really well with this design! TFS!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card! The different patterns look so great together and I love the stamped flowers. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

Carole said...

Beautiful, this card calls for a closer look. Great colors nice details.

whoistracy said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you used here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Jennifer Lee said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card! I love the color combination. Stella is certainly my fav in the new catalog! Thank you for sharing this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...